Previously, we discussed how we can upload an image on Instagram from PC. If you haven’t checked this article then here is the link for the article.
In today’s topic, we are going to discuss Two-Factor Authentication On Instagram.
As we know that Instagram is the best platform for sharing your photos and uploading short videos. This article is all about how you can make your Instagram account secure. Securing your Instagram is a good idea. If you have a strong password then it is a good start for securing your Instagram account. This article is more than setting up a strong password. It is about setting up two-factor authentication (2FA).
If you have enabled two-factor authentication, you’ll need a passcode to log in to your Instagram account each time you try to access your account from the new device. This 2FA adds a security layer into your account due to which intruders cannot access the system.
There are two ways to enable two-factor authentication on your Instagram account. The first method is SMS texting and the other method is to use an authentication app such as Google Authenticator.
How to set up two-factor authentication with SMS texting?
While using the SMS texting method, Instagram will send you some random code through SMS. The code is then used to log in to your account. To configure SMS texting follow these methods.
- First, you need to open the Instagram account on your smartphone.
- Now tap on your profile icon.
- Next, tap on the hamburger menu situated at the upper-right corner.
- Now, tap on the Settings option from the menu situated at the very bottom of your page.
- Tap on Security.
- There you will find Two-factor authentication. Just tap on it.
- Tap Get Started.
- Toggle the button next to Text Message.
- Enter the code that’s sent to your smartphone.
- Tap on Next.
- Now, tap on Done and you are done with setting SMS text.
How to set up two-factor authentication On Instagram with an authentication app?
Using an authentication app is another way to set up two-factor authentication on Instagram. Before proceeding further you need to install Google Authenticator in your smartphone. You can use an app store or Google Play Store according to your smartphone model.
Once the app finishes installing follow these steps to set-up two factors with Google Authenticator.
- Open the Instagram app on your smartphone.
- Tap on the profile icon, click on the hamburger menu and tap on the settings at the bottom of the page.
- Now, tap on the Security.
- Tap on Two-Factor Authentication
- Tap Get Started.
- Now, Toggle the button next to the Authentication App.
- Tap Next.
- Tap Save.
- Now enter the code from the authentication app and tap next.
- Now Tap on Done.
People Also Read: