Everything is about the clouds nowadays. Whether it is about storing files, or even creating and working with documents, we prefer doing it on the clouds. This way, you are saving precious disk storage on your computers and mobile devices and making them globally accessible. So, no matter where you are, you can easily edit, download, and also share your files with others quite easily. As the world swiftly shifted to the clouds, many cloud services came into existence.
Most prominent of them all have been cloud storage services which allowed users to store their files on the cloud and retrieve them easily from anywhere. Popular cloud storage service providers included Dropbox, Google Drive, Sky Drive, Box to name a few. While most of them offered storage anywhere starting from about 2GB onwards, it just was not enough for some of us junkies. While some people settled with just one of the services, most opted to go all in and sign up for almost all of the services available. While this allowed us to have a greater amount of space on cloud storage, only later did we realise that managing them could turn out to be difficult. Today there are just too many cloud storage accounts to handle and remembering and managing their credentials becomes impossible sometimes. This is where I stumbled upon an online service called MultCloud.
The name MultCloud seems to be a condensed form of Multi Cloud and yes you guessed it right – the service allows us to manage our multiple cloud storage drives by providing a simple and a common platform. By signing up for the service, we can later log into the supported popular cloud storage drives after which the service adds the cloud drive to its own windows-like explorer.
By using MultCloud, one of the major problem that it solves is that you will no longer need to remember the credentials of all of our cloud storage drives individually. Once you authorise MultCloud, a single username and password will grant you access to all of your data in the cloud. Moreover, MultCloud service is completely free app for home and commercial use and also allows us to add unlimited accounts such as Dropbox, Google Drive, Box, etc. So, if you have multiple Dropbox accounts, then you can manage them too via MultCloud Service.
Other than just putting all of our cloud storage drives into a common explorer, MultCloud has the following additional features which you are sure to love:
- File Transfer across Cloud Drives: Multcloud can transfer files from one cloud storage drive to the another without download to your local drive. For example, you can directly transfer the file in your Google Drive to Dropbox online.
- Cloud File Manager: MultCloud can manage multiple cloud storage drives like a Windows Explorer session file. It can easily upload, download, cut, copy, paste, move, delete, rename etc. File Sharing can share the files with your friends.File Search can Search for files and folders’ll cloud drives through keywords;The File Preview allow you to online view some office documents to as DOC, PDF, XLS, etc.
- Guaranteed Security: Granting authority to a third party service to your cloud storage drives may sound risky but MultCloud guarantees security in the following ways:
- Website connect and data transfer using 256-bit AES encryption for SSL.
- MultCloud does not save or cache your data and files on their servers.
- Access cloud drives with OAuth authorization and does not save your password.