Everyone nowadays has access to smartphones. These smartphones have made our work a lot easier. Another advantage of using these smartphones is due to access to millions of applications. Users can install the application according to their needs.
When you hover around the play store you can find tons of applications available for your android smartphones. And the best thing about android is all these mobile applications can be installed on free. Yes, there are some premium apps which costs some bucks but many of the application is free to install.
Today, we are going to discuss how to install an application on android smartphones. Besides these, we will also cover how to discover apps in the Google Play Store. Furthermore, we look at the step-by-step process to install apps from other sources. Without any further delay let’s get started.
How To Install Android Application?
Installing application in your smartphone is a fairly simple process. Ensure your smartphone has enough memory storage and you have a stable internet connection on your device before installation.
Here, we will cover these three sections.
- Section A: How to Install Applications Using Google Play Store?
- Section B: How to discover new apps on the Google Play Store?
- Section c: How to install Android Application from other sources?
Section A: How to Install Applications Using Google Play Store?
When talking about app installation, Google Play Store is the first thing that comes into our mind. Google Play Store is an official app distribution service for the Android operating system developed by Google. Android users can find lots of app over the Google Play Store. This is the official way to download and discover apps according to your needs. The process of installing the app using the play store is simple. To install an application using play store follow these steps.
- Open Google Play Store on your android smartphone.
- Search for the app you want to download.
- Once you find the app, tap on the Install button.
- Allow for the permissions and wait for a moment until the installation finishes.
- Once the process completes your app is now ready to use.
Section B: How to Discover new Apps on the Google Play Store?
You can easily find a mobile application that you are aware of in the Google Play Store. It is easy to download the app when you know what exactly you’re looking for. But how can you find something new on Google Play Store if you don’t know the exact names or when you don’t know what you looking for?
Once you open the Google Play Store, you’ll see the horizontally-scrolling list below the search bar. These listing features will help you discover all sorts of apps that the Play store includes. These are the tabs you will see:
- For you
- Top Charts
- Editor’s Choice
These tabs have their own specialties. The Top Charts tab helps you find apps on the basis of Top Free, Top Grossing, Top Trending, and Top Paid. Similarly, the Categories section will provide you various categories including Business, Educational, and Sports, etc. from where you can pick one.
Section C: How to Install Android Application from Other Sources?
Google Play Store has all the app that you want. But in some cases, you may not find the app that you are looking for. You need to depend on outside of the Google Marketplace for accessing such an app.
To download apps from other sources, here are the steps you need to follow.
- Open the Settings on your phone.
- Scroll down the setting menu and find Apps & Notifications or App (depends upon your smartphone menu).
- Tap on it.
- Once you enter into the screen you will a three-dotted menu on the top-right. Just tap on it.
- From the list of the menu select Special access. There you will see a list of other available options. Look for Install unknown apps and tap into it.
- Now you will see the sources from where you can install the application besides the Play store.
- Tap on the preferred source and toggle the button next to Allow from this source.
- Now you will be able to install the app.
Installing the app from other sources is a risky job. So make sure you download the app from the trusted source else you will end up installing viruses or adware on your device. So be careful.
So these are the most common things that you should be aware of installing a mobile application. I hope this article will help those users who are new to the android environment. If you have any other queries then feel free to leave a comment.