As Google Glass Explorer is readying for shipment to the hordes of gadget lovers all over the world, we are keen to find our what this baby is packing. The official Google Glass Explorer specifications are now out and we can finally check out what this baby is packing on that frame.
Here is the complete Google Glass Explorer specifications:
- Running on Android 4.0.4 Ice cream Sandwich
- Tiny display glass in front of the eye which allows viewing equivalent to watching a 25 inch screen. 8 feet away
- One size fits all frame with adjustable nose pads.
- Camera: 5 Megapixel sensors with 720p recording support.
- A OMAP 4430 chipset based 1.2 GHz processor. This same chipset was used in Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 and Motorola Droid RAZR.
- RAM: between 700MB to 1GB.
- Battery capacity is not announced. However, it is reported that the battery will last an entire day after a full charge.
- Bone conduction technology for audio
- 16 GB internal storage
- Connectivity: 802.11 b/g wi-fi, Bluetooth and a micro usb port
- Compatible with any device running at least Android 4.0.3 ICS.
The news of shipping of this device comes after the recent release of the API documentation and sample code for the Glass Explorer.
Update: Google Glass Explorer has been reportedly rooted by modders and the kernel source for Glass Explorer is currently available for download at Google’s code website. It is a 70 MB tar.xz file. This is exciting stuff for developers and android enthusiasts who can now dig into the code for various Google Glass Explorer features.