Android is one of the most popular OS (operating System) in the world. There are lots of apps available in Google Play Store. Despite several advantages of Android, it has some flaws too. Mainly we face some errors during installation or while downloading the app from Google play store. Sometimes we face this problem even while updating the app. Don’t you worry, here I will let you know some of the method to Fix Error 693 in Google Play Store but, before going to the actual solution I want you to try some of this things which may solve your problem so that you should not try other solution. They are listed below:
1.Update your Play Store: Check whether your Play Store has any updates or not. It has also found that many of time the error is caused due to old version of Play store. So, make sure that your Play store is updated, if not then update your play store. After that, try to download the app again. It may solve your problem.
2. Re-start your device: Sometime just by re-starting your device can solve this issue. So, why not try this once. To re-start your device:
- Unlock the screen of the devices.
- Press and hold the “Power” button until a menu appears.
- Select “Power off“.
- Wait for the device to power off completely.
- Wait 10 seconds, then press and hold the “Power” button to start (ON) the device.
- Now, try to download the app again. It may solve your error problem.
Methods to solve Error 693
Method 1: Clearing Cache and Data
- Go to Setting >> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Store >> Clear Data and Cache
- Once you have clear everything, Next you need to Force Stop the application
- Now, Restart your device and try to download the app.
If your error is fixed then the job is done otherwise head to next method and follow the step.
Method 2: Remove and add Google Account
- Go to Setting >> Accounts >> Google
- Remove all your Google accounts
- Go back to Google play store and Sign–in your account information
- Accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings then Run Google Play Store and download the app.
- The error should be fixed by now.
Many of the time this method has worked but it may not work for all. So, if this doesn’t help you solve the Error 693 then proceed to next method.
Method 3: Unmount SD card
- Go to Setting >> Storage >> Scroll down and select “Unmount SD card”
- Open Google Play Store >> Download the app again that was giving you the error message
- After successful installation, Go back to Settings >> Storage >> tap on “mount SD card”
- If above steps didn’t work, also try removing your SD card before installing.
For some users it has also found that the error message is shown when they try to update their app that is installed in their SD card. So, for this problem you can try below method and it will fix the error.
Method 4: Move the app to Phone
- Go to Settings >> Go to Apps >> Select, All the apps
- Scroll down and select the app that was giving you the error during update
- Select “Move to phone”
- Open Google Play Store and update the app
- After successful installation, you can move the app back to SD card
So, these are some of the method to Fix the error 693. Hopefully, your problem is solved by now. Let us know which one worked for you or if you have any other methods then share with us.
[quote bcolor=”gray” arrow=”yes”]Useful Links: