Another common error that occurs while downloading apps in the Google Play Store is the error 498. As you are downloading apps or games from the Google Market you get the message “An error 498 has occurred while communicating with the server, reload.” To get rid of this error, you can try the following simple steps to solve the issue:
- Go to settings>>Apps>>Select “All” tab
- From the “All” apps list>> Find Google Play Store>> Clear Data and Cache
- From the “All” apps list>> Find Google Service Framework >> Clear Data and Cache
- Now restart Google Play Store and try to download/update the app or games
Method 2: Try a different Gmail account in your Google Play Store. For this:
- Open Google Play Store
- Go to settings >> Accounts>> Choose Account or add new account
- Now try to download or install the app or game
- Go to system settings >> Accounts >> Google >> remove your Gmail account
- From settings >> Apps >>All >> Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager (like in method 1)
- Again, go to settings >> Accounts >> Google >> Add your Gmail account
- Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings
- Run Google Play Store and update or install your app.
These methods are common solutions to many android market related problems. Hope you have now successfully downloaded your apps or games from the Google Play Store without error 498.
[quote bcolor=”#26b3ef” arrow=”yes”]Useful links
- How to see who is stealing your WiFi
- How to Play Facebook Messenger Hidden Basketball Game
- How to unlock android phone without losing the data, if you forgot pattern or password
- How to locate and monitor your family using your smartphone?