Folks, it’s time for “another” android fix. The Error 921 is a common code that pops up when you are trying to update or install apps from the Google Store (Google Play Store previously). The error pop up reads – “apps could not be downloaded due to an error occurred (921)”. Well, the fix is pretty simple and long time Android user have encountered this problem a number of times and already know what to do. As for you, the solution for the 921 error is the same as another common Android issue – the RPC:S-5:AEC-0 error.
Here are the simple steps to fix error 921 on your android smartphone , tablet or other android device:
- Go to system settings >> Accounts >> Google >> remove your Gmail account
- Now from settings >> Apps >> All >> Force stop, Clear data and cache for Google Play Store, Google Service Framework and Download Manager
- Now again go to settings >> Accounts >> Google >> Add your Gmail account
- Restart your android and then accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings
- Rerun Google Play Store and update or install your app.
Note: In case, you have older version of Android or cannot remove your Google account from the settings. You should try this link to manually remove Gmail account from Android without factory reset.