Android has a new Easter Egg for each version of Android it releases, which is similar to the name for the version it uses. Such as, there was the Ginger like Easter Egg in 2.3 Gingebread version, Jelly beans in 4.1/4.2/4.3 Jelly Bean version, and KitKat on the 4.4 KitKat version (though the user-interactive easter eggs for Android only started from Android 4.0 IceCream Sandwich version only). Similarly, there is a new type of Easter Egg in Android 5.0 Lollipop (the latest and newly released version of Android), which resembles to the name, but is quite unique compared to the old ones. Don’t be surprised to know that you can now actually play with the Android 5.0 Lollipop Easter Egg- it is now a Flappy Bird Clone.
If you have been accessing the Easter Eggs of the previous versions of Android, you definitely know how to access Lollipop’s one too, the process is the same. In Android 5.0 Lollipop, you can see the bugdroid icon passing between the Lollipops, and you can play with it exactly the same way you played the popular Flappy Bird game in your Android device. For those who don’t know how to access Android 5.0 Lollipop Easter Egg, here is how to:
- Head to the Settings menu in your device running the Android Lollipop version.
- When you enter the Settings, scroll to the bottom, where you can see the ‘About Phone’ (About Tablet, if you are using an Android Tablet) option.
- Inside there, you can see the ‘Android Version’ (which will have 5.0 underneath). Tap it repeatedly, until it takes you to the homescreen with a giant image of Lollipop.
- You can tap to change the color, or the candy.
- Long press the Lollipop icon, and you will enter the Flappy Bird styled Lollypop Easter Egg game.
That’s it. You can enjoy playing the game. Do notice that this game is quite hard to play at first, but is addictive once you get used to it.