Samsung has been dominating the smartphone market not only with its all-powerful flagships with the latest and the greatest hardware, but it has also given us some great mid-range phones. However. Do not be fooled by these mid-ranged smartphones from Samsung as they come with hardware powerful enough to last a couple of years. One of the newest entries to the Samsung’s mid-range category is the Galaxy A51. It is powered with the Exynos 9611, 4 to 8 Gb of RAM and with 4000 mAh battery to supply it with more than adequate power to last a day. And what better way to unlock the full potential of your Android than to root it. Here’s how to root Samsung Galaxy A51.
Root Samsung Galaxy A51
You’re here because you’re a proud owner of the Galaxy A51 and want to get more out of it. So, you’re searching the internet for the ways to root it properly. Good for you because you came to the right place. This guide is written for the users of Samsung Galaxy A51 who are looking to root their device. We will guide you step by step and to avoid any problem, we highly recommend you to follow those steps carefully.
- Charge the phone – make sure the battery of your Galaxy A51 is at least 60% to prevent accidental power off. This is essential to prevent any problems that might cause boot loops or brick your device.
- Laptop or PC – there must be a laptop or PC at your hands reach. We will need it.
- Backup – if you have any important documents or files, back it up as they will be lost after this procedure is over.
- Install USB Drivers – you will need to download and install the necessary USB drivers on your laptop or PC to make it recognize your Galaxy A51. You can follow this link to get the necessary drivers.
- Odin – download Odin from their official site and install it on your PC or laptop. We need this crucial piece of software for flashing firmware files.
- Visual C ++ – this needs to be installed on your laptop or PC. Choose the correct version.
- Firmware – and finally you will need the firmware for your Galaxy A51. Either download it from Samfirm or Frija. The firmware varies according to the model of your device. So, to download the correct firmware, check your device’s model number from Settings > About Phone > Model Number and then search for it on Samfirm or Frija. Alternatively, you can go to Samfrew to manually search for the correct firmware.
- Unlock Bootloader – you can find how to do that in our previous article – How to unlock bootloader of Samsung Galaxy A51.
Root Samsung Galaxy A51
Before you begin, it is important to know that the KNOX status will be tripped if you follow this tutorial. This will void your warranty. If you’re okay with it, continue with this guide.
Step 1: Extract the SM-A515XX _1_ EXAMPLE_ 0000000000 _fac.zip with an unzipper of your choice.
Step 2: Transfer the extracted file to your Galaxy A51’s internal storage. The needed file should look like this – AP_ A515XXXXU1XXXX_ CL00000000_ QB00000000_ REV00_ use r_ low_ ship_ MULTI_ CERT_ meta_ OS10. tar. md5.
Step 3: On your Galaxy A51, download the Magisk Manager APK from GitHub. And install it.
Step 4: Open newly installed Magisk Manager. Go to Install > Install > Select and Patch a file. Now, go navigate to the copied AP file on Step 2. This firmware file will be patched and it can be found inside Internal Storage > Download > magisk _ patched .tar.
Step 5: Transfer the patched file from Step 4 to your PC or laptop.
Step 6: Turn off your Galaxy A51 and boot to download mode. If you do not know how to boot to download mode, follow the steps below.
- Hold the Power button and restart the phone.
- When the Samsung logo appears on the screen, press and hold the Volume Down button + Volume Up button and connect the device to your PC or laptop using a USB cable.
- Release all the buttons after you see Download Mode.
- Select OK using the volume buttons.
Step 7: Open Odin on your PC or laptop. Click on AP. Select the AP file you transferred on Step 5. Uncheck Auto Reboot if it is checked. Finally, click on Install.
Your Samsung Galaxy A51 is now rooted.