Android users are aware of the Google Play Store Error. At some point every user suffers from some kind of Error while downloading, installing or updating the app. Error code: -11 in Google Play Store is a common error known among the android users. Basically, this error occurs when you try to download, install or update the app like Whatsapp, Messenger, Facebook etc. The message states App can’t be installed. Try again, and if the problem continues, get help troubleshooting. (Error code: -11) Here, I will mention some of the methods to Fix Error code: -11 in Google Play Store.
You can try a couple of times to install or update the app or you can also reboot your device and then try to download or install the app.
The solution to Fix Error code: -11 in Google Play Store
1st Method: Clear the Cache and Data
Clearing the Cache and Data is the first and foremost method to try. Most of the Google Play Store error is solved by clearing cache and data. Follow the given steps.
- Go to Setting >> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as Apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Store >> Clear Cache and Data
- Once you have cleared everything. Next, you need to Force Stop the application.
- Similarly, Find the Google Play Service >> Clear Cache and Data
- Also, Find Downloads Manager >> Clear Cache and data
- Now, Restart your device and try to download the app
This method should fix the error. If you are still getting the error then follow the next method.
2nd Method: Upgrade or Downgrade Google Play Store Updates
Many of the time outdated version of Google Play Store is found to be the reason behind the errors. So, check whether the update is available or not. If update is available then update the Play Store and see if it fixes the issue.
But, if there is no update available then your Play Store is up to date. So there are possibilities that the updated Google Play Store is causing the error. There are chances that the updated version of Google play store may have Compatibility Issues. So in this case, you need to Uninstall Google Play Store updates. Just follow the step to Uninstall Google Play Store update.
- Go to Setting>> Go to Application Setting (In some devices application setting is named as apps).
- Go to, All the apps > >Find the Google Play Store >> Uninstall Updates
- Now Restart your device and try to download the app
This method has worked most of the time and it should also work for you. Just in case, this doesn’t work then try below method. It may solve your issue.
3rd Method: Remove and Add Google Account
- Go to Setting >> Accounts >> Google
- Remove all your Google accounts
- Go back to Google play store and Sign–in your account information
- Accept all the Google terms and setup Google settings then Run Google Play Store and download the app
If you are able to fix the error then the job is done otherwise head to the next method.
4th Method: Clearing Dalvik Cache
For this method you should have root access to your Device then only you are able to clear the Dalvik Cache. Also you need to have Root Explorer app such as ES File Explorer installed in the device. There are many Root Explorer app available in the Google Play Store. You can go can search for a suitable one for you.
- First, open Root Directory (Using Ex File Explorer)
- Locate to/ Navigate to /data/Dalvik cache
- Next, select and Delete everything from the folder
- Now Restart your device and try to download the app
If the cause of the error was Dalvik cache then, it should be fixed by now. Otherwise try the next method to Fix Error code: -11.
5th Method: Wipe cache partition from Recovery Mode
This has also worked for many of the users. We just need to wipe the cache partition and we can see that the error is fixed. Just follow the step as shown below and you can fix the error.
Phones and their key/button to go in Recovery mode.
- Samsung Galaxy S6: Volume Up + Home + Power
- Nexus 7: Volume Up + Volume Down + Power
- Motorola Droid X: Home + Power
- Devices With Camera Buttons: Volume Up + Camera
- Most Android Phone: Volume Up + Power
- First turn off the phone >> Press volume up and power button together to go to Recovery Mode
- After that Recovery Mode will appear with many options >> use volume up and down to control the screen and power button to press ok.
- Select wipe cache partition >> press power button and it will then start cleaning the cache.
- A message will appear after the completion >> Select reboot system now and it will start rebooting your device.
Now your device has wiped the cache and you can use the device like previously without error. This process may erase the save data of the app like the save game, high score etc.
If none of the above worked for you then try Factory resetting your phone.
How to Factory Reset your Android Device
So, these are some of the methods to Fix Error code: -11 in Google Play Store. Hopefully, you have solved the error by now. Let us know which method worked for you.
I had this error code 11 for a long time and it drove me crazy. I tried all fixes: some helped (for a moment) and others did not. Nowhere was explained the reason for this error, everywhere there were fixes (that helped for a limited time). In my case (samsung galaxy tab 1 P7510 with Omni 4.4.4 rooted) I found the probable reason for this error. The Dalvic-cache is situated on a partition that is not too big. When this cache is full this error rears its ugly head. When a cache is full normally the oldest (or least used) entry is removed to make space. That is not the case for this cache: every installed app takes some space in the cache and when it’s full upgrades or new installations of app’s go wrong. The remedy is obvious: remove some lesser used app’s.
To see if the dalvic-cache is full just run in adb shell the df command. Wheater this works on an unrooted device is unknown to me. On a newer phone with android 8.1 I found no dalvic-cache (maybe that has been moved to a bigger, general, cache.
Maybe you can adjust this article and add this suggestion. Removing some apps is quite easy and in, at least, some cases it will permanently remove the error messages.