Build Properties aka “build.prop” is a file in system folder of your phone which defines the A-Z details of your phone, model, brand, android version, etc. You can tweak build.prop to change the way your device behaves. You can boost internet speed, change phone specifications, increase system performance, make almost all apps compatible or trick websites to display a tablet interface. So here’s how to edit Build.prop file. This are only a few things you can do if you edit your build.prop. In this tutorial I am going to teach you how to edit LCD density by editing build.prop. You can follow this tutorial for tweaking almost everything inside the build.prop file. Before we start, note that we need a rooted android device to edit this file.
Changing the LDC density will result like you’ve changed the screen’s resolution. You’ll have the ability to easily read small text or see small images clearly. You can also make things like icons smaller on screen while still making it clear and legible. Here’s how we do it.
Also read: How to Install Incompatible Apps on Android from Google Play
1.Using Root Explorer:
Note: download “Spareparts” before you continue. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.droidgram.spareparts
- Open Root Explorer and allow superuser access and you should be at the root partition.
- Scroll down and select “system”
- Select “Mount R/W” button located at the top. Clicking the “r/o” button should change to “r/w”.
- Long press “build.prop” and select “Open in Text Editor”
- Scroll down and find the line “ro.sf.lcd_density=240” and change it to the value like 167, 180, 200, 220.
- Press the “Menu” button on your phone and select “Save Changes”.
- Open Spareparts and make sure you uncheck “Compatibility Mode”.
- Reboot your phone
2.Using ES File Explorer:
- Open ES File Explorer and press your “Menu” button and then select “Settings”
- Scroll down and check “Root Explorer” and select “Yes” for experimental features. Allow superuser access and check “remember”
- Check “Mount File System” and press your back button.
- When in sdcard partition, select the sdcard image in the top left and it should change to home image. You are now at root.
- Scroll down and select “system”.
- Press “build.prop” and select “ES Note Editor”.
- Scroll down and find “ro.sf.lcd_density=240” and change it to a value like 167, 180, 200,220.
- Press “Menu” button on your phone and select “save”
- Open Spareparts and uncheck “Compatibility Mode”
- Reboot your phone.
If you messed up your build.prop, follow the steps below.
In command prompt:
- Adb pull /system/build.prop
- Edit the file and restore the changes
- Save the file
- Adb shell mount –o remount rw /system
- Adb reboot
How to see who is stealing your WiFi
How to Play Facebook Messenger Hidden Basketball Game
How to unlock android phone without losing the data, if you forgot pattern or password
How to locate and monitor your family using your smartphone?
may i ask how do i change the rom size on an android device that has been ‘spoofed’ to show the wrong specs,is it possible to do that in the build prop as well
ex: rom 32GB (real 8GB) ram 2GB (real 1 GB)
sir my mmmx a310 build.prop file is damaged and my phone is not restarting pls help sir
its my dads phone pls help fast
sir my mmx a310 build.prop file is damaged and my phone is not restarting pls help sir
its my dads phone pls help fast
pls help sir
i dont have cwm or twrp int but my phone is rooted
Your build.prop file is not damaged. You need to set the build.prop permission to chmod 0744 in order to fix it because after you modified the build.prop file, the permission was changed. First find a way to boot into recovery mode or use abd to change the build.prop file permission to 0744.
Sir i install build prop application in my Samsung e700H 4.4.4 kitkat when I install this and I change its values then I reboot your phone then phone goes restart mode software immediately brick then i download phone new software
Sir i delete duild.prop accidently in karbonn a21 and my phine is not starting.pls help me how to make build.prop file in mobile without pc or computer
you have to download TWRP version for your device, install it via ODIN, and copy the original build.prop
I have android 7.1.1 nougat linage os I wanna enable wireless display by editing the build.prop file tell me how to do it….
Sir my phone is hanged up when I change my buildbprop. But sometimes its says android is upgrading then finishing boot a few seconds boot again then hanged up again.. pls tell me how to change it back to its orig.thanks
Comment…dear sir/mam ..
I want to reduce my screen brightness when try to reduce it to 5 after screen lock it come back to its initial value please help
Hey! Sir i have changed my model and brand so any app is not wprking and i have written 4G also there in my 3G
My real model is Karbonn_k9_smart_1GB and i changed to samsung galaxy j7 so android is not working so plz help me how i changed it again without build prop i have pc so u can suggest me
I download the buildprop and it saying error and I follow the instruction
[…] How to edit Build.prop file on android device […]