Have you configured app notification on Samsung A50? Notifications are important, but not most of the time. Some notifications may be most useful, while some may not. It is up to us how we are going to manage our notification settings. Let’s say you need to go through the email every minute, but what if you keep getting a lot of alerts and notifications from the unused app. Instead of uninstalling the app you can just select which app sends alerts and which one don’t.
Previously, we discussed how do not disturb feature on your phone helps to control your calls, text messages and notifications. Using do not disturb may be handy for a specific time but it is not suitable for every case. If you are unaware of playing with this feature then check the link here. We have done everything for you.
Today we will be discussing the topic “How to control App Notifications on Samsung Galaxy A50?” Not only Samsung Galaxy A50 but this method comes handy with most of the Samsung Galaxy devices running on One UI and Android Pie version. For most of the devices, the setting preferences may be slightly different just take a little time to explore your device and you will find it.
Control App Notification On Samsung a50
Your device gives you the flexibility to customize app alerts, notifications as per your need. Here we will be looking at some of the methods that enable you to control app notifications. Let’s get started. Here’s how to make your notifications work for you.
Adjust Notification on App Icon Badges.
These Notification Badges appear on the app icons when apps receive notifications. You can see these numbers on the home screen or app drawer. You can adjust whether your apps display App icon badges or not. To adjust the settings follow these steps.
1. Go to the Settings from your app drawer.
2. Tap on the Notifications tab.
3. Toggle the switch next to App icon badges to turn it on or off.
You can also display notifications on the app without showing the number. You need to just choose Show without number option. To adjust the settings follow these steps.
- Tap on the App icon badges.
- Turn off the switch situated next to App icon badges if you want to turn off the entire notifications.
- Under the Badge Style, you will see a couple of options. Just choose according to your needs. If you want to show notification with a number then choose the option Show with number else select the other one Show without number.
- If you want your app to show notifications when you touch and hold an app on the Home screen, then toggle on the Show notifications switch.
Adjust Notification of an Individual app
Your device gives you the flexibility to adjust notification on a per-app basis. You can also adjust notification on the basis of category. Without any further delay let’s have a look at how to adjust the settings.
- Go to the Settings section from your app drawer.
- Tap on the Notifications tab to proceed.
- Once you enter the screen you will see the Recently Sent tab. Now tap on the See all.
- Now tap on the app you want to adjust the setting.
- Toggle the switch next to Show notifications to completely turn off notifications for an app.
- Below you will see the category for the specific app. If you want to turn off the notification for the specific category toggle the switch next to it.
Status bar Settings
If the notification is disturbing your status and you are fade up with clearing them then, you can hide them all or only show a couple. Follow these settings.
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on the Notifications.
- Select on the Status bar and adjust the desired settings.
This is how you control app notification on your Samsung Galaxy a50 and other Android Pie series device. Hope this article helped you in controlling the notifications on your device.