If you are interested to learn Wordress, Instant WordPress is a local WordPress platform that allows users to experiment with all the features of WordPress without going live. Thus, newbies need not setup any servers before they can experiment with every settings of wordpress, from setting up themes, editing posts to playing with widgets and plugins. H0wever, it is only advisable to use Instant WordPress for the purpose of learning and not for creating a full fledged website since new users will find moving the local files to a web server an arduous task. So why don’t you give it a go? You can download it here:Instant Worpress
Also, check out this tutorial from YouTube, though many of you must have already watched it:
Nowadays collecting information from people all over the world is made easy by Google docs. Though Google docs you can create a form and then forward the link of that form to emails or share it in Facebook and then all of the information can be collected in the Google database and you can even view the summary of your results in graphical form such as pie charts and bars diagrams. Furthermore, you can even embed your Google form in your own website. It is very easy. All you have to do is follow these simple steps: Continue reading
Here is a small list of solutions that many of you first time bloggers will find useful:
1. Adding Facebook like on post
- Go to Plugins–>Add new –>in the search bar type “facebook like”–>Select and install a facebook like plugin and then activate.
Furthermore you can to settings and change the settings of your plugins to your preference.
2. How to limit blog posts on the home page?
- go to settings->readings->set the max blog pages to show on homepage
3. Adding page numbers to posts
- In our post edit switch to HTML mode and then simply paste this code: <!–nextpage–> where you want the break to occur. The page number will be displayed in the following format Page 1 2 3
- For details on more styles go here – page numbers
4. Adding read more:
- Type “Read more” and then highlight it and Enter Att+shift+T where you want the break to occur
5. To write Copyright information at the end of webpage:
- From the admin dashboard go to Appearances–>Editor
- On the far right under Templates, Select Footer
- Now in the box containing the html codes, at the bottom before </footer> enter the following code:
<?php $the_year = date(“Y”); echo $the_year; ?>
<?php bloginfo(‘ Name’); ?>
. All Rights Reserved.
You should get something like this: Copyright © 2013Name. All Rights Reserved